If you want to manufacture high-quality products, you have to start with high-quality components. Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems include parts made by plastic injection molding processes, some of which may be custom designed. With a wide range of suppliers to choose from for HVAC components, how do you find the one that will be the best fit for your business needs?
HERE ARE THREE KEY AREAS TO CONSIDER BEFORE DECIDING TO PARTNER WITH A PLASTIC INJECTION MOLDING COMPANY:
- Know What You Need. In order to choose the right HVAC components supplier, you must first determine exactly which HVAC components you need. For example, what types of materials will you require, and does the supplier have the flexibility and experience to work with them? Can the supplier meet the tolerances you require and guarantee consistency and quality? What quantities of components will you need, and can the supplier handle that volume? Can they meet your production schedule? Knowing exactly what you need is the first step in finding an HVAC components supplier that can deliver it.
- Consider the Company. You should also spend time finding out all that you can about the company. Some areas to research are:
• History, Background, and Experience: How long have they been in business? What are their areas of expertise or specialization? What other companies have they worked with? Their employees should have the level of experience and knowledge necessary to give you the best assistance in choosing materials or designs.
• Location: The proximity of a supplier is also a factor, as overseas shipping could mean costly production delays.
• Technical Capabilities: What kinds of equipment are they using? How modern and up to date are their machinery and their processes? You’ll want a supplier who is using the most advanced and dependable tools for the job.
• Certifications: Does the supplier have certifications from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO)? ISO-certified companies have documented their commitment to consistent, reliable processes and improvements. Other certifications and awards — held by the company or by individual employees — can also attest to their proven track record.
• Company Culture and Values: Are they relationship-oriented? That is, are they committed to building trust and communication with their clients? The right HVAC components manufacturer will listen to concerns, work on solutions together, and provide excellent customer service. Ask for testimonials or referrals from other satisfied customers.
Another key question to ask is whether a supplier can provide you with a complete, 3D prototype of a particular HVAC component before mass-producing your order. The design may be complex and have custom specifications to be met in order to ensure it will fit perfectly into your product. Precision is important, as mistakes carry high costs in time as well as money. A supplier who provides prototypes for you to test and approve will give you peace of mind in knowing your configurations are correct and you are getting exactly what you need.If you take the time to do your homework when choosing your HVAC components supplier, you can form a lasting and satisfying business partnership. The more you know about what you need and what a supplier can do, the more confident you will be that you are choosing the best provider of high-quality injection-molded parts for your business.